Cibo E Vino Cafe & Restaurant

My friend Christine has been telling me about this restaurant that her friend runs in Castle Hill called Cibo E Vino. "Kath you have to go, the food is delicious" or "They change their menu according to what's in season you have to try it". So off I went with Chris and her husband Ronald. The restaurant is situated in a quiet part of Castle Hill a few doors down from the towers. As soon as you walk in you are greeted by the friendly staff with smiles on their faces. First impressions always count for me. I knew this was going to be a great night.



We ordered the 2 share plates to start with. The first one as the jamon, salamis, marinated olives, pickles and garlic bruschetta. The jamon was delicious with portions of pork fat through the cured meat. The pickles tangy and oh so yummy. The second share plate was deep fried cod balls with aioli and lemon. The aioli and lemon cut through the salty cod. The best part was the crunchy exterior.

jamon, salamis, marinated olives, pickles and garlic bruschetta $24.50


deep fried cod balls with aioli and lemon $13.00


Ronald ordered the fennel, pear and watercress salad. This was almost refreshing The pear was like a sweet surprise and it suited the aniseed flavour of the fennel. He also ordered the house made ravioli with beet leaves, ricotta and parmesan. I only had a little taste. The pasta was well made and the parmesan was sharp. Can you tell that Ronald loves to eat?? He just wanted to order everything on the menu ehehe.

house made ravioli with beet leaves, ricotta and parmesan $14.00

For the main Chris ordered the steamed jewfish with cima di rapa, clams and herbed breadcrumbs. Ronald and I ordered the char grilled riverina beef scotch fillet with beetroot and horseradish butter. Christine's main was nice but I'm not a big fan of sultanas. Our beef was succulent.. We both requested medium rare. The meat came out perfectly cooked although I think there was a bit too much horseradish butter.


steamed jewfish with cima di rapa, clams and herbed breadcrumbs $32.50

char grilled riverina beef scotch fillet with beetroot and horseradish butter $35.00


I was determined to leave room for dessert. Chris and I shared the hot chocolate pudding with peanut brittle and house made banana ice cream. What can I say. This dessert had me at HELLO.. The pudding was so chocolaty. Every girls dream. The peanut brittle was chewy and tasted a bit like salt water taffy. The ice cream was the very best part. It was like I was eating a frozen ripe banana. It was one of the best banana ice creams I have ever tasted. Ronald ordered the classic tiramisu with mascarpone, brandy and coffee soaked biscuits. I was too full to try it.

hot chocolate pudding with peanut brittle and house made banana ice cream $12.50


classic tiramisu with mascarpone, brandy and coffee soaked biscuits $9.00


Chef Paul in action


Cibo E Vino did not disappoint. I will definitely be back. They are open Lunch: Wednesday-Saturday 12-3pm and Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday from 6pm. You can check out their menu and get more information at http://www.ciboevino.com.au/

Hayles –  (August 10, 2009)  

cod balls look lovely - shame I don't have a car, I'd love to go out there for dinner!

Anonymous –  (August 10, 2009)  

I have been here. The gnocci dish i had was and still is the best gnocci i've ever had.

Luigi –  (August 11, 2009)  

Cibo-goodness! Looking yummo, definitely going to give that a go.

Jackie at Phamfatale.com (August 11, 2009)  

I love fried food so I would definitely try the cod balls. Everything looks delicious and the prices seem reasonable.

Trisha (August 11, 2009)  

mmm that tiramisu looks like heaven!!!

Ian Wijaya –  (August 15, 2009)  

Hi Katherine - nice blog site.
Thanks for the cool writeup. Sorry i couldnt make it last week was tied up with work. Hope to see you soon!
ian
ps - we are not open for lunch on teusdays anymore, lunch is just wed- thursday 12-3pm.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails