Kulinarya Cooking Club - June Theme "White Food"


Thanks to Adora from Adora’s Box and Diona from Tita Flips for this months Kulinarya Theme “White Food".

I must admit, it's been a few months since I have had the chance to do a Kulinarya Dish. It was so good to be back in the Kitchen with Mama Eugenio.

I love learning new desserts and dishes from her. This Cassava Cake recipe is one of my favourite desserts. The best part of this dessert is the topping. When I read my email and saw the theme, I knew that this was the dessert to make.









Cassava Cake With Lanka (Jackfruit)

Cake
 
Ingredients
2 packets of grated cassava (454 grams per pack)
4 cups coconut milk
1 cup of caster sugar
50 grams butter (melted)
1 can of jackfruit in syrup

Method

1. Preheat your oven to 200C.

2. In a bowl, add the grated cassava, coconut milk and caster sugar. Stir until the mixture is combined. Make sure to break down all the cassava, as it tends to be a little lumpy.

2. Drain the jackfruit from the syrup and slice into thin strips. Add half of the drained jackfruit to the cassava mixture. Add the melted butter and stir.

3. Pour the cassava mix into a wide pyrex dish. Bake in the oven at 200C until the top starts to set (approximately 30 minutes).


Topping

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 and half cans of condensed milk

Method

1. Beat the eggs using an electric mixer. Slowly add the condensed milk until combined.

2. Pour the topping over the top of the cassava cake and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the topping is a golden brown.




This is a delicious dessert perfect for a party. You can use the jackfruit syrup instead of the sugar for taste. This dessert is also delicious with buko (young coconut) instead of jackfruit.



Kulinarya Cooking Club was started by a group of Filipino foodies living in Sydney, who are passionate about the Filipino culture and its colourful cuisine.

Each month we will showcase a new dish along with their family recipes. By sharing these recipes, we hope you find the same passion and love for Filipino Food as we do.

If you’re interested in joining our Kulinarya Cooking Club, please feel free to drop by our foodblogs and leave a comment – we would love to hear from you!

To access the list of members and their blogs just go to Kulinarya Club

chef_d (June 20, 2011)  

I love cassava cake and your addition of langka is genius! Delicious!

Ray (June 21, 2011)  

Hi Katherine,

Cassava cake is a treat that once I started eating, I just can't put the fork down because it's soooo addicting. Thank you for sharing! :)

annabanana (June 21, 2011)  

Hi Kath! I'm enjoying the Filipino dishes here! I especially want to try that suman sa laiya! I would love to join the Kulinarya club.

adorasbox (June 21, 2011)  

A lovely bibingka for the theme of the month. More special with the addition of langka. You are right the topping is the best part.

Trisha (June 21, 2011)  

OMG I cant believe it's this easy! I would alwas polish off casava cakes at Filipino parties because that's how much I love them!! Great job Kath!

Caroline (June 22, 2011)  

cassava cake is such a treat, can't stop eating this stuff once you get started. I like the addition of langka.

Gianna@TheEmptyFridge (June 22, 2011)  

Hi kath! This is awesome! I remember loving cassava cake growing up in the phils so it's good to know that those delicious memories can be replicated!

SKIP TO MALOU (June 22, 2011)  

Kath welcome back. We missed you the past months. But I know I know life gets in the way. Haha.
Cassava bibingka is one of my faves too. I love its rich topping. Never tried it with langka yet though. Oopsies my doctor is here (yep I'm at the doctor's clinic and I'm supposed to tell her that I've been keeping my diet but shhhh) haha!

Oggi (June 23, 2011)  

Langka makes it even more special. I love it!

Jun Belen (June 23, 2011)  

I'm bookmarking this post. I've been looking for a tested cassava recipe and I think I've found one! Thank you for sharing!

sara (Belly Rumbles) (June 25, 2011)  

I have never had cassava cake, it really does look delicious.

it's just me... (June 27, 2011)  

I must try this recipe. I love Cassava Cake. Thanks for sharing!

Annapet (June 28, 2011)  

Thanks for sharing this beautiful dessert! I never get to cook for my family (since I'm one of the youngest) but I think I will surprise them with this one!

I love your langka idea!

Unknown (June 29, 2011)  

Love love love cassava.

annabanana (June 30, 2011)  

I want to join Kulinarya! How?

Tita Flips (July 01, 2011)  

I have to try this with langka!

Two fit and fun gals (July 13, 2011)  

this looks great yum i love cassava :)

Kai (July 08, 2012)  

I love both cassava and langka, but I never thought to put them together. Great innovation!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails