Double Chocolate Brownie Bars for Easter

Gifts for friends during Easter are always fun to make. This year I decided that I would keep chocolate Easter eggs and bunnies to a minimum. I made these Brownie Bars from a recipe that I found in 1001 Cupcakes, Cookies & Other Tempting Treats (thanks for the book Trisha).



Double Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients
115 grams butter
115 grams dark compound cooking chocolate
300 grams caster sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
140 grams plain flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
100 grams white chocolate chips

Additions: I added some M&M minis to make it more colourful. I used ½ cup all together.



Method

1. Preheat the oven at 180C.

2. Place the butter and compound chocolate into a saucepan and stir over a low heat until melted. Remove from the heat then stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly


3. Stir the sugar, salt and vanilla extract into the cooled chocolate and butter mixture. Add the eggs 1 at a time and blend with a mixer after each egg addition.

4. Sift the flour and cocoa into the mix and beat until smooth.

5. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into a silicone mini loaf tray. (I bought mine from K-Mart and it makes 6 mini loafs or brownie bars.)

6. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out almost clean.



The brownie bars are chewy and delicious. It’s a perfect present for Easter.

Trissa (March 28, 2010)  

They are adorable Kath! I would much rather receive these than easter eggs (hint hint!). Happy Easter.

Anonymous –  (March 28, 2010)  

Oohh yuummm very decadent indeed! I would prefer these for Easter too *nudge nudge wink wink*

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) (March 28, 2010)  

Mmmm...so cute and colourful and full of chocolatey goodness!

Conor @ HoldtheBeef (March 28, 2010)  

Excellent idea to add the mini M&Ms, I think it's important to get colourful for Easter! Cos, you know, Jesus was colourful..er maybe not...ok not sure why I think it's important, but I do.

These look like super chewy delicious brownies :)

Tangled Noodle (March 28, 2010)  

Even though I'm stuffed to the gills and couldn't possibly eat another bite, I'm hungry for these!

A Table For Two (March 28, 2010)  

those M&Ms makes me happy for some reason.
perfect for kids party... oh adults too :P

Joanie (March 28, 2010)  

Hi Kat, u filipino? I quickly browsed your blog and seem to have some kulinarya thing. Nice to stumble on your blog :)

Hayles –  (March 28, 2010)  

Thanks again Kath! I'm going to make these to take to my boyfriends family on Easter Sunday. The kids will love them and this way I get to lick the bowl! You can't do that with Easter eggs.

Fiona (March 28, 2010)  

They would be well received in the office

Mark @ Cafe Campana (March 28, 2010)  

Very cool recipe. I think you could easily cook this with kids, there is stiring and a bowl full of fudgyness they can lick out. They would love the result as its colourful and fun.

cusinera (March 29, 2010)  

Oooohhhh so nice! I love the close up...I should make a poster and just sit on a stool and stare at it...

Stephcookie (March 29, 2010)  

Oh my god these look so good! Love the mini m&ms, so cute and colourful :)

Two fit and fun gals (March 29, 2010)  

how colourful they look great kath x

Chef Aimee (March 29, 2010)  

What a perfect treat for Easter - I love it! :)

Noob Cook (March 29, 2010)  

what a great treat! cheery and colourful :)

chocolatesuze (March 29, 2010)  

ooh so colourful love it!

Helen (grabyourfork) (March 29, 2010)  

It's a rainbow of happiness! Great idea and appeals to the kid in everyone! I want one! lol.

Sarah Winehouse (March 29, 2010)  

M&ms on brownies what a wonderful thing!! Never done that before.. :) and they look so happy..

OohLookBel (March 29, 2010)  

Your brownies are a gift that keep giving - I'd pick off the M&Ms to have later ;)

MaryMoh (March 30, 2010)  

This would be perfect for Easter.....colourful and chocolatey. Definitely my favourite.

Sarah Winehouse (March 30, 2010)  

Hey I recommended a few wines for You on my blog where you commented hope it helps :) Damn these brownies - just can't get enough!

Anonymous –  (March 30, 2010)  

The vibrant colour of the M&M put a smile on my face!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella (March 30, 2010)  

Great photos Kath! They're adorably colourful! :D

Trisha (March 30, 2010)  

THIS IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE! look how colourful and delicious looking that is?!?!?!??!? PErfect for easter haha oh man i'm going to gain so much weight just by looking at the photos!

Trisha (March 30, 2010)  

Oh and so darn glad the recipe book came in handy!!! hurray! :)

panda (March 30, 2010)  

so very pretty and colourful! i'm sure they would've tasted yummy too!

Emma @CakeMistress (March 30, 2010)  

Mesmerised by the colours. I love the brownie loaf idea too. Good to know the silicon pans work a treat (their squishiness scared me, lol)

Caroline (March 31, 2010)  

I would like to get these than an Enter egg! Look so fun and festive, I'm sure very tasty as well.

Kathleen (March 31, 2010)  

I love all the pretty colors on these delicious sounding brownies. Beautiful photos too!

Kitchen Butterfly (April 02, 2010)  

They looks lovely and colourful. Happy Easter

Cindy –  (April 02, 2010)  

What a perfect gift for Easter. it beats getting a chocolate bunny any day. They look like they were a lot of fun to make.

Amy B. (April 04, 2010)  

WOW!!! Definitely the ultimate treat for Easter! Happy Easter everyone! :-)

Candy (April 08, 2010)  

Love them! You have a gorgeous blog!

Hayles –  (April 15, 2010)  

Wow I am a lucky girl because yesterday Kath made these for me. Holy heck, they are AMAZING. Her baking is second to none and she's just as thoughtful as she is a baker.

Thanks Kath!
You're the best.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails