Bultarra Saltbush Lamb

Tim from The Urban Food Market gave me some Saltbush Lamb to try. It's a free range lamb and it comes from the only MSA accredited Saltbush Lamb producer in Australia.






He gave me 2 shoulder racks and suggested that I either slow cook it or pan fry it. I went for pan frying the lamb so I could taste the full flavour. I cut the rack into 4 pieces and marinated them in olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and crushed peppercorns.





As I was grabbing the frying pan I saw my cherry red George Foreman grill. It's been so long since I've used it so I grabbed it and cooked the lamb. I cooked it for 6 minutes each side and took it off the heat to rest.


I wanted a simple side dish to go with the lamb. Brocolini is one of my favourite vegetables. I blanched a bunch and made a brocolini, orange and cashew salad. I just made a dressing with some lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper.





I'm not normally a big fan of Lamb unless its lamb shanks that are slowly cooked and falls off the bone. The saltbush lamb was juicy and soft. It didn't have that over powering flavour that lamb normally has. If you are not a big lamb fan. I suggest you try saltbush lamb. It's great quality and really easy to cook.


Urban Food Market also stock Bangalow Sweet Pork, Deli Meats from Salami Casa, Organic Fruits and Vegetables and products from The Jus Company. They also delivery. If you want to try Saltbush Lamb or you just want to find out more about The Urban Food Market you can go into http://www.urbanfoodmarket.com.au/

helena (September 12, 2009)  

Wow Kat!!! That looks delishhhhh and that salad looks to die for!!!! I'm very inspired! Going to make it myself.

Anabel Nieuwen –  (September 12, 2009)  

I only lamb was easy to find in Amsterdam.... WAAAAAAHHHH.....

Anabel Nieuwen –  (September 12, 2009)  

That was meant to be 'IF only...'

Trissa (September 12, 2009)  

Hey Kath, the lamb does look delicious. The marbling on the lamb looks amazing. I want some of it!

Tim Elwin (September 14, 2009)  

You did a great job of the Shoulder racks Kath!! they look delicious! Glad you loved them and thanks for the write up!!

Trisha (September 14, 2009)  

I don't eat lamb at all but that dish looks appetising!! And I love the addition of oranges to your salad... mmm I can almost taste it!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella (September 15, 2009)  

Saltbush Lamb is fantastic. I first tried it at Mumu Grill who do great Grass fed steaks too :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails