Mini Mallomars

Yes I know I’ve been missing in action. I haven’t updated A Cupcake or Two since my Australia Day post. I have a good explanation for the absence. I lost my groove just like Stella did. I am going through some changes at the moment, and it’s made me lose my passion for all things food related. But I’m back. 

I have some exciting post coming up and even a competition that I am hoping you will all love. To get myself back into the groove, I decided to make some Mallomars. Mallomars are basically a biscuit with fluffy marshmallow innards and coated with delicious chocolate.



As you all know, I am a big fan of the express way. I decided to use good ol mini chocolate wheatens instead of making the biscuit base.

I found an easy egg free marshmallow recipe from Kids Spot. It takes a little whipping, but the marshmallow is fluffy and not too sweet.


Chocolate Mallomars (makes approximately 30)
Biscuit Base
1 bag of mini chocolate wheatens
You can also use digestive biscuits or shortbread.
Marshmallow Topping
Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon gelatine
2/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Food colouring (optional)
Chocolate Coating
2 cups of milk chocolate
10 grams of copha or vegetable shortening






Method

Make sure to use a big pot so that the mixture doesn’t boil over. It’s extremely hot and can get very messy.

1. Pour the sugar, gelatine and water into your pot. Stir until combined. Slowly bring to the boil, reduce the heat so it doesn’t boil over. Keep this on low for 10 minutes without stirring.

2. Remove from the heat and cool a further 10 minutes. You can also use a bowl full of ice to cool down the mixture quickly.

3.  Place the mixture into a clean heatproof bowl, add the food colouring and vanilla essence. Mix on medium with a stand mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.

4. Spoon the marshmallow into a piping bag and slowly pipe the marshmallow on each individual mini chocolate wheaten. Allow to set for 10 minutes on a cooling rack.

5. Melt the chocolate and the copha in the microwave for no more than 2 minutes. I did this in 20 second intervals to prevent the chocolate from burning.  Dunk each mallomar into the melted chocolate and allow to set on a cooling rack.




This is super simple treat to make and perfect for a party. An alternative is to make it into a Mallomar Slice. Simply crush some digestive biscuits with some butter and put this into a a lined baking tray. Pour the prepared marshmallow onto the biscuit base and allow to set. Top with some melted chocolate.

ENJOY...

OohLookBel (June 21, 2012)  

Thanks for posting this recipe, I'm definitely going to make these. They remind me of Arnott's choc Royals, but much cuter! Glad you're getting your groove back =)

Unknown (June 21, 2012)  

Ohhhhh I love mallomar.

Julie (June 21, 2012)  

Hi Katherine, I am so glad to see you blogging again =) marshmallows and chocolate = perfect combination, love to give this recipe a go!

Sara - Belly Rumbles (June 23, 2012)  

Nice to see you back Kath! Awesome mallomars to get you back in the grove of blogging again.

Adrian (Food Rehab) (June 25, 2012)  

These would make the perfect dreaded 3pm work snack - I need my sugar! Also, as you say, a great party snack too! Now I know what to make to please both the adults and kids!

Katherine (June 26, 2012)  

"I lost my groove just like Stella did" - lol. You know, this is one of the first few books I've finished. :D

Those mallomars look delicious! I love the packaged brands in the market, but homemade is better, especially in the winter haha. I use graham crackers. Or, sometimes when impatient, just turn the marshmallow, chocolate and graham into smores. :))

Zye (July 02, 2012)  

OH NO!!! I was randomly going through blogs and found this. :) I love marshmallows - I will literally eat anything that has marshmallows in/on/beside it, so thank you, this is an excellent must-try recipe for me. Although I did promise to cut down on my sugar intake. Haha.

Christine (July 15, 2012)  

These look absolutely scrumptious! And perfect for a lovely tea party :) Love the pink!

Jannet (July 29, 2012)  

I'm scared that if I make this they won't even make the table... They're so irresistable!!

Dash Interiors (August 01, 2012)  

Wonderful work so happy I found your blog you have such talent!!
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) (August 15, 2012)  

Think I've only ever seen these as a slice, but these are too cute and easy to eat!

Hope you've been well, despite the changes which life throws at us along the way =)

Chloe and Sarah | Honey & Lulu (October 07, 2012)  

They look absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe, can't wait to try!

We've just started our own blog about food, fashion and lifestyle and if you would like to follow us, we can follow you back :)

http://www.honeyandlulu.blogspot.com.au/

Have a nice day

Unknown (October 15, 2012)  

Sometimes life just gets in the way and we have to take a break from blogging. It's understandable. Hmmmm marshmallows covered in chocolate. The only thing wrong here is that I am likely to eat too many!

Jeane M. (October 17, 2012)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown (October 20, 2012)  

Omg!! The other week I was munching on these delicious biscuits from a packet and I thought to myself "hey, i could probably make these"
I just came across your blog and bam! There is the recipe!

Thanks!! I definitely will be trying these out! xx

www.sweetsbysam.blogspot.com

Unknown (July 11, 2014)  

Wanna try this at home.. Just after my vacation in Australia.. I will be sure to taste it just the way it is.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails