Christmas Eve with a batch of Trissa's World’s Best Pistachio Cookies

When I read Trissa’s post about what she thought was the Worlds Best Pistachio Cookies, I immediately knew I had to taste them. Will they meet my expectations?? I love pistachios, but every time I have a cookie with pistachios I would always feel like there wasn’t enough in them.




After dinner with Trissa one night, we went to get the ingredients to make the cookies.  With just 5 ingredients, I was about to create what would become a new family favourite.

It took me 5 minutes to make the mixture and after 15 minutes I had a batch of the Worlds Best Pistachio Cookies out of the oven. Did it meet my expectations?? It certainly did and then some. It was chewy, sweet with tonnes of roasted pistachio pieces.




I was asked by Mama Eugenio to make some for Christmas gifts and my dad looks for them all the time. Trissa thank you for sharing such a great recipe. It’s now a Eugenio Family Favourite, which I am sure to last decades.

Worlds Best Pistachio Cookies or Italian Pistachio Cookies

By Trissalicious

90 grams PLUS 100 grams Pistachios (raw, shelled)
100 grams almond meal
120 grams caster sugar
50 grams eggwhites (from around 1 to 2 eggs)
Green food colouring (optional)

1. Lightly toast the pistachios for around 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 160c. 2. Chop the first 90 grams of pistachio finely (you can use a food processor for this) and the other 100 grams of pistachios roughly.
3. In a bowl place the finely chopped 90 grams of pistachios, almond meal, sugar and egg whites. Mix well (you can add a few drops of food colouring now if you wish) until you form a paste.
4. Scoop the cookie batter and form into little balls, (at this point, if you find the batter too sticky add a little bit more almond meal to the paste) then roll them in the remaining 100 grams of pistachios.
5. Place then in a baking sheet, around 2 cm apart and bake for around 13 minutes at 170c (fan forced).
6. Dust with icing sugar when cool.







Have a very Merry Christmas Everyone. I hope your day is filled with lots of love, hugs, happy little kids opening presents and delicious good. Cheers to a fantastic 2011...

cusinera (December 24, 2010)  

Maligayang Pasko=) I'm also eyeing this cookies...pistachio and pecans are my fav nuts!

Christine Ho (December 25, 2010)  

Pistachio Cookies! Yumm...
Merry Christmas to you!

Trissa (December 26, 2010)  

So glad you enjoyed them Kath! I made them after our Azuma dinner using the mezzaluna you gave me! Hope you had a great Christmas!!

Wendy @ Obesebaby (December 26, 2010)  

Pistachio Cookies looks awsome, and It is flourless too! I'm sure the nut lover will go crazy about these.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella (December 27, 2010)  

Merry Christmas Kath. What a lovely way to celebrate Christmas-with real pistachio cookies and the world's best no less.

Cherrie Pie (December 28, 2010)  

Merry Christmas Kath. Lovely looking cookies and very Christmassy

Unknown (December 30, 2010)  

I love love pistachios. I hope you had a wonderful christmas. Happy New years!

msihua (December 31, 2010)  

Merry Christmas! That looks fab.. hope you have a great new year!!!

Fiona (January 07, 2011)  

so cool and green!

liney (January 16, 2011)  

wow! I just found your blog and everything on the page is amazing!!! i have just started my own blog and am looking for some good ideas!

Those cookies look so delicious! im going to have to give them a go now!

Forager @ The Gourmet Forager (January 19, 2011)  

Its on my to do list too - they look so tasty and easy to boot!

LetMeEatCake Eat With Me! (May 01, 2011)  

i am obsessed with pistachio! i can't wait to make these yummy looking cookies! thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails