Family Sunday..

Every Sunday we have family dinner at my brother's house. Last Sunday was special, he celebrated his birthday and also the birth of his daughter Caitlin. He invited family and a few of his closest friends. It was a fun afternoon with lots of catching up and lots of food.

basa fillets with mustard and cream sauce


vermicelli spring rolls with scallops and shitake mushrooms


fried pork money bags


My sister in-law wanted to make my brothers cake. He wanted a kids cake so she made a Frog. I think its a top effort for someone that has never done it before.


Filipino parties are always full of desserts so with the cake we also had almond jelly with lychee's, chocolate covered strawberries and leche flan with lime rind to cut through the sweetness.





Anonymous –  (July 24, 2009)  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fiona (July 25, 2009)  

Aww cute frog cake!

Topher –  (July 30, 2009)  

My grade 5 school teacher Mrs Panter from the Philippines made Leche Flan for our class.

I'm going to have to try and make it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails