Cibo E Vino - Castle Hill

I did a post about Cibo last year, since then this little restaurant has been a regular dining place for my friends and I. Cibo prides themselves in serving dishes made from local produce, and the menu changes depending on what is in season.

Heirloom Tomato Bruchetta $4.50 per person. The bruschetta had big chunks of sweet heirloom tomatoes. The bread was crunchy with a slight garlic flavour. This was topped with warm olive oil.




The ladies and I start with the Shoe String Fries with Herbs, Chilli, Parmesan and Garlic $9.00. We love this side dish so much that we decide to order two bowls. This was Mel’s first time at Cibo and this certainly won her over.




House Made Gnocchi with Tomato, Pecorino and Sage $21.00. The gnocchi was so smooth. The pecorino added a perfect amount of bite to this dish.





Ocean Trout with Kipfler Potatoes, Asparagus, Green Beans, Broad Beans, Peas and Cured Lemon Butter $30.00. Leah chose this as her main. Although I didn't get to taste it, she was very pleased with her choice.





House Made Gnocchi, with Sage, Goats Curd, Chicken Stock and Olive Crumbs $23.00. This was the second Gnocchi dish on the menu. Mel picked a winner. I actually had food envy. The goats curd was the perfect match with the olive crumbs. The chicken stock added lightness to this very rich dish.




I chose the Roast Lamb Rump with Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini and Green Olive Dressing $30.00. I had this main the last time I was at Cibo. The lamb always comes out perfectly cooked. The mash potato is always so perfect with no lumps and the olive dressing is just divine. This is by far my favourite main. 




Chris chose the entrée size House Made Fettucine with Braised Free Range Pork, Tomato, Red Wine and Parmesan $15.00. Unfortunately I didn’t get to taste this but it did look delicious with big chunks of braised pork and a big pile of parmesan on top.




No matter how full, I always leave a tiny little bit of room for dessert. Chef Paul Toogood makes the best ice cream in the west. Leah and Chris got the Fresh Mango Sorbet $9.00. It was so light and refreshing. It had just the right amount of sweetness and really cleansed the pallet.




Mel and I got the Trio of Ice Creams. In the trio there was Vanilla made with fresh vanilla beans, Orange and Nougat and an Almond ice cream which had a generous amount of almond praline.




Cibo E Vino truly is a hidden gem. If you are ever in the hills area, make sure you book dinner at Cibo. The staff are fantastic, the food is delicious and it is affordable.

For more information go to
http://www.ciboevino.com.au/

Cibo E Vino
Shop 2, 299 Old Northern Road
Castle Hill NSW 2145
Telephone: 02 80020912

Cibo have some Cooking For Christmas classes coming up. The classes are on the 6th and 13th of December. Make sure you ring and book to secure a spot.

Anabel Nieuwen –  (December 04, 2010)  

YUUUM! I've had the gnocci there before and I still dream about it sometimes.

Trissa (December 05, 2010)  

That certainly looks good Kath! Haven't been here before but your coverage has intrigued me.

Phuoc'n Delicious (December 05, 2010)  

Oh yum! My boss's daughter worked here some time ago (not too sure if she is still there now) and he would rave to me about this place. Most definately need to check it out this place!

OohLooKBel (December 06, 2010)  

Really nice photos, Kath! I wish I could have a taste of that ocean trout.

Gianna@TheEmptyFridge (December 06, 2010)  

Oh Kath just the look of fries makes me want to headlthere now :)

Ninette (December 07, 2010)  

Wow, the food looks amazing! I want to go back to Australia again, although that probably won't happen again. Trip of a lifetime, and I got to meet Trissa and Ellie of Almost Bourdain.

Joyti (December 07, 2010)  

The food looks SO delicious, and the prices are very reasonable, for such great-looking, well-plated food. Ah, I wish I could visit Australia (again).

Trisha (December 07, 2010)  

Love the photos, especially the ice cream. The orange ice cream is very... orange! I love it!

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) (December 07, 2010)  

I fell in the love the first time I tried fries with parmesan, chilli, garlic and herbs. It was at a (now defunct) Italian place too, coincidentally.

Forager @ The Gourmet Forager (December 09, 2010)  

Looks like really authentic Italian - the stuff not to impress but to make you actually happy and satisfied and wish you could make it at home. My kinda place!

Conor @ Hold the Beef (December 10, 2010)  

I would have had serious food envy with every single other dish no matter what I chose here. How on earth did you ever reach a decision?! Well done!

SKIP TO MALOU (December 12, 2010)  

wow all these amazing dishes make me drool Kath .. and your photos are stunning!

Culinarian (January 13, 2011)  

Wow, these all look amazing! Great photos.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails